HR officer (24 hours)
We are looking for an enthusiastic Human Resources officer to join our Finance & Operations team. Are you an all-round HR professional who likes to play a broad role in HR; from recruitment to onboarding, from appraisals to learning, ensuring all team members can optimally perform? Then this might just be the opportunity for you.
Health is a basic need and universal human right. Everyone, no matter who you are or where you come from, should have access to quality healthcare and must be protected against health threats. As a solution-oriented independent civil society organization, we advocate structural change to achieve global health justice. We dive into questions such as: How do we achieve a fair and sustainable deployment of sufficient healthcare personnel worldwide? How do we ensure sufficient financial resources to provide everyone with access to good health? And what is needed to ensure that medicines are accessible and affordable to all?
Based on our knowledge and experience, we influence governments and international institutions, and we work with partner organizations linking their national advocacy to the broader global changes and vice versa.
We work, together with like-minded organizations around the world, on four themes: Access to medicines, Finance for health, Human resources for health and Dutch global health policy. Do you share our vision on the importance of health in all of our lives? And are you eager to contribute to create change through your convincing communication? Then you just might be the
24 hours per week
that we are looking for. If you fit the profile below, we would love to receive your application.
What will you be doing?
- Coordinating (international) recruitment processes including posting job advertisement, setting up interviews and gathering feedback;
- Managing the (international) legal and contractual HR issues;
- Onboarding new staff members;
- Supporting HR processes, such as career and training support, and contributing to Wemos’ overall learning strategy;
- Ensuring that organizational policies, such as those regarding absenteeism (including care leave and sabbaticals), integrity and diversity are known and followed;
- Supporting and developing processes around diversity and inclusiveness from an HR perspective;
- Serving as the point of contact for our integrity as well as our safety and security policy.
- Providing HR-related advice to the Wemos management.
- Other administration related tasks
Position in the organization
You are part of the Finance & Operations team in which you work closely with our financial assistant, our project controller and our manager finance & operations, who is also your supervisor. You have a supporting role towards the teams.
- Higher education degree and matching working and thinking level;
- At least 5 years of proven experience in a similar position;
- A work permit to work in the Netherlands;
- Good knowledge of Dutch employment law;
- Excellent command of the English and Dutch language, both spoken and written;
- A high level of integrity, as you deal with confidential information;
- Ability to work independently and in a team;
- Very good communication skills;
- Solution-focused, detail-oriented and a proactive attitude;
- Affinity with the themes we work on.
What we offer
- A versatile and varied position in a dynamic, informal and international working environment; we work with like-minded organizations in Africa and Europe.
- A small, international team of highly committed and professional colleagues (approximately 30 employees) who enjoy working together.
- A modern office in the centre of Amsterdam, with good facilities. You have the possibility to work remotely 50% of your working week.
- A contract for one year, with the possibility of extension.
- A competitive gross monthly salary between €3.284 – €4.756 depending on professional experience, based on a 36-hour working week.
- 27 vacation days per year.
- Good fringe benefits, including a sponsored lunch, possibility for training, and a working from home allowance.
How to apply?
Please, send your motivation letter and curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Sunday 5 November 2023.
Wemos strives for diversity in its workforce and is committed to an inclusive work environment. We believe that every person is unique and should have the chance to discover and develop talents based on equality and trust. Do you share our vision? Then you’re warmly invited to apply. We welcome you just the way you are.